Global Days of Action for #TaxJustice for Women’s Rights
The Global Alliance for Tax Justice, our members and partners including international women’s rights groups and global trade unions are proud to be taking action to advance tax justice for women’s rights. JOIN US!
Please find more information about our Global Days of action in our dedicated Campaign page !
- International Women’s Rights Day, Wed. 8 March 2017 – Join people around the world as we launch the Global Days of Action for #TaxJustice for Women’s Rights, and call on our governments to stop the global scandal of corporate tax dodging, end illicit financial flows, and transform inequitable fiscal policies in order to fund and fulfill women’s rights.
- Follow up with your government representatives who are attending the annual UN Commission on Status of Women, 13-24 March in New York. Explain why tax justice is needed to deliver on the UNCSW theme of “Women’s economic empowerment in the changing world of work.”
- Wed. 15 March – ActionAid International will release a new report on macroeconomics and violence against women. Watch for and share the report. Attend the UNCSW parallel event 15 March @ 8.30am, Church Center of the United Nations, New York.
- Thurs. 16 March @ 6.15pm – participate in the ‘#TaxJustice for Women’s Rights’ forum, Hardin Room, Church Center of the United Nations, New York. This UNCSW parallel event is jointly hosted by the Global Alliance for Tax Justice, Global Unions, Association for Women's Rights in Development, Center for Economic and Social Rights, Oxfam, ActionAid, Tax Justice Network, Christian Aid, National Taxpayers Association Kenya.
- World Water Day, Wed. 22 March 2017 – stand in solidarity with Public Services International members. Tell our governments to ensure the Human Right to Water is realised through universal access to public water services that boost women’s health and economic independence.