Illicit Financial Flows & Colombia
Venue OpenGov Hub 1110 Vermont Avenue Northwest #500
The forthcoming report 'Illicit Financial Flows & Colombia' from Global Financial Integrity, the Economist Intelligence Unit and Cedetrabajo examines illicit financial flows (IFFs) in Colombia, analyzing government revenue losses and its attendant impact on Colombia's national development agenda.
Colombia is a country that combines economic growth and institutional resilience with a large informal economy and high levels of violence and criminal activity, making it vulnerable to IFFs. Illegal gold and coal mining, trade misinvoicing, drug trafficking and official corruption have adversely affected the Colombian economy, costing billions in lost government revenues. Curtailing losses associated with IFFs would provide Colombia with additional funds to help achieve the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals.
10:15 am: Coffee and light refreshments
10:30 am: Introduction by:
- Tom Cardamone, President & CEO, Global Financial Integrity
- Ken Lane, Global Commercial Director, the Economist Intelligence Unit
10:45 am: Panel discussion with:
- Antonia Kerle, the Economist Intelligence Unit
- Lakshmi Kumar, Global Financial Integrity
- Rick Rowden, Global Financial Integrity
11:30 am - 12:00 pm: