Join the Global Alliance for Tax Justice and its members around the world, in the Global Days of Action on #TaxJustice for #WomensRights, 8-22 March 2019!
OBJECTIVES OF THE GLOBAL DAYS OF ACTION
In March 2019, GATJ, our members and our partners are urging movements, citizens’ groups and NGOs around the world to focus their efforts on achieving the following objectives:
- Build the power of activists around the world to campaign against gender discrimination and tax injustice.
- Urge the public and the women’s movements to take on tax justice issues as an integral part of the struggle for women’s rights and economic empowerment.
- Show national leaders and other political targets that there is a constituency of ordinary people who oppose the unfair status quo that promotes tax and gender injustice.
- Through various forms of actions, advocate and push for our five demands.
Start planning your creative actions to promote #TaxJustice for Women’s Rights in the Global Days of Action, 8-22 March 2019!
WHAT YOU CAN DO
Please join us in organising the following activities and actions in the lead up to and during the month of March 2019:
- Circulate all the material shared through this page: “Making Taxes Work for Women”, Issue Briefs to support our five demands, etc.
- Organise forums in communities, schools and workplaces.
Social Media and Communications
- Ask for our Social Media and Communications Toolkit, which will include template advocacy letters, briefings and press releases for adaptation in several languages.
- Social Media Activities – using memes and short video clips, photos/quotes from women and girls around the world who are most affected by these issues.
- Participate in the 8for8 Social Media campaign led by Tax & Fiscal Justice Asia (TAFJA) and Asian People’s Movement on Debt and Development (APMDD).
- Hold press conferences and send out press releases during the month of March 2019, including a virtual press conference ahead of IWD.
- Share Factsheets – with key statistics / messaging / Q&As on these issues.
- Engage in policy dialogues with national members of Parliament and tax officials.
- Engage in parallel events during the UN CSW 63 in New York.
- Shifting the Narrative: Financing Women’s Rights Through Tax Justice on 13 March.
- Taxing for Gender Equality: Evaluating Gender Effects of Tax Laws on 15 March.
- Engage in national budget and tax processes.
- Participate in/organise 8 March IWD marches and actions carrying the five demands.
- Participate in inside/outside actions during the UN CSW 63.
GET IN TOUCH WITH US!
We are here to share materials with you, support your efforts and give them echo. For more information on how to organise, take part in, and share your activities during the Global Days of Action, feel free to get in touch with GATJ through :