The aim of the forum is to bring together various regional stakeholders to debate, discuss and further the discourse on the centrality of progressive mobilisation of domestic resources for development, the corrosive impacts of illicit financial flows, transparency reforms and the loopholes in the international financial system.
Organized by the Financial transparency Coalition, CBGA India and Christian Aid
- March 8 (Thursday) 9:00-11:00 : Domestic Resource Mobilisation in South Asia to Achieve Social Justice
Moderator: Neeti Biyani (Centre for Budget and Governance Accountability)
Ahmadullah Mauj (Integrity Watch Afghanistan)
Asim Jaffry (Oxfam Pakistan)
Durga Sob (Feminist Dalit Organisation)
Hansha Sanjyal (Global South Initiative)
- March 9 (Friday) 9:00-11:00 : Illicit Financial Flows and Tax Justice in South Asia: Lessons Learned
Moderator: Matti Kohonen (Christian Aid)
Attiya Waris (University of Nairobi)
Sakshi Rai (Centre for Budget and Governance Accountability) Towfiqul Islam Khan (Centre for Policy Dialogue)
Dr Uddhab Pyakurel (University of Kathmandu)
- 11:15 – 12:15 : Illicit financial flows: What is the state of play in tackling illicit financial flows?
For concerted action against illicit financial flows, it is crucial that actors – especially in the Global South – engage, advocate with and mobilize policy makers in their countries and regions, with policy asks and messages that are rooted locally. This session will focus on the differentiated realities of developing countries, taking into account geopolitics, policies, enablers, vehicles, capacity constraints and representation concerns felt by developing countries with regard to international financial institutions that design norms of international taxation.
- March 10 (Saturday) : Independent Working Group on IFFs (Financial Transparency Coalition)
- Mapping positions of actors in unifying action against illicit financial flows and key moments in the Global South
- Kathmandu Declaration on ‘Illicit Financial Flows: Restoring Justice for Human Rights’
- Next steps of the Independent Working Group on IFF: Delving into national/ regional and global processes
For more information, kindly write to CBGA’s Sakshi Rai.