Womankind Worldwide, DAWN, Center for Economic and Social Rights, Public Services International and the Global Alliance for Tax Justice invite you to join our parallel event to the UNCSW65 Rebuilding the Social Organisation of Care. It is open to everyone.
Date/Time: 18 March, 9 AM to 11 AM (Eastern Standard Time)
Registrations: To attend a parallel event, you will first need to register as an NGO CSW65 Forum Advocate. Then you will need to create a profile and login to the NGO CSW65 Virtual Forum platform where the link to the event will be published. The Zoom link to attend the event will be published here a few minutes before the event starts.
Rosa Pavanelli, PSI General Secretary
Session # 1: Changing the (dis)course on care
Moderator: Caroline Otim (GATJ)
- Corina Rodríguez (DAWN). Findings in progress from PSI’s global study on care.
- Kate Donald (CESR). Rights based approach to care.
- Neelanjana Mukhia (ActionAid). Macroeconomics, IFIs and financing care public systems
Session #2: Rebuilding the social organisation of care
Moderator: Roosje Saalbrink (Womankind Worldwide)
- Lucía Cirmi Obón (National Director of Care Policies at the Ministry of Women, Gender and Diversity in Argentina). Advances in the national public care system.
- Azza Soliman, Center for Egyptian Women’s Legal Assistance (CEWLA). What is going on in Egypt on care?
- Banaani Deka (PSI) Organising Community Health Workers in India
- Gloria Mills (UNISON-EPSU-PSI): Women health and care workers. Key demands.
Final remarks: A way forward
Irene Khumalo, PSI World Women’s Committee Chair.