The Global Alliance for Tax Justice (GATJ) is seeking a communications officer to support the development and implementation of strategies to increase the visibility of the alliance and its campaigns through strategic storytelling and media outreach. This is a full time and remote position, and applications from the Global South are particularly encouraged.
See the full description and application process below or download them here.
About the Global Alliance for Tax Justice
GATJ is a South-led global coalition in the tax justice movement. Together we work for a world where progressive and redistributive tax policies counteract inequalities within and between countries, and generate the public funding needed to ensure essential services and human rights.
Created in 2013, GATJ comprises regional tax justice networks in Asia (Tax & Fiscal Justice Asia), Africa (Tax Justice Network Africa), Latin America (Red de Justicia Fiscal de América Latina y el Caribe), Europe (Tax Justice-Europe) and North America (Canadians for Tax Fairness & FACT Coalition), collectively representing hundreds of organisations.
About the position
- Support the development and implementation of communication strategies for the global campaigns and projects
- Create and publish visual and textual content for the communications channels with the support of the policy advocacy team
- Liaise with the communications teams in the GATJ’s regional networks and partners to write stories that are relevant to the alliance
- Support the media relations work by updating media lists, drafting and sending out press releases, and following up with journalists
- Support the creation and design of institutional materials
- Support the management of suppliers related to communications
- Monitor communications performance and create reports on a regular basis
- 5+ years of experience in communications and media relations
- Experience in campaigns and movement building within the civil society space is highly desirable
- Solid copywriting skills and ability to identify opportunities to write stories that could help advance the organisation’s advocacy agenda
- Experience in designing visual pieces and editing videos
- Good understanding of social media strategies
- Knowledge of Google Workspace and platforms relevant to communications, such as WordPress, Meltwater, Mailchimp, Canva, Analytics
- Good interpersonal skills, being able to build and strengthen relationships with members and key stakeholders of the organisation
- Proven attention to detail and organisational skills
- Team player with ability to work independently and flexibility to cope with change
- Fluent in English. Proficiency in other UN languages are a plus (Spanish and/or French as preferred language.s)
Compensation will be communicated to shortlisted candidates and will be discussed based on candidates’ geographical location and availability. More detailed information will be shared during the interviews.
Interested applicants should submit CV, cover letter and writing samples in English to <firstname.lastname@example.org> with the subject line “Communications Officer – Name” until 17 November 2023. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.